Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm back?



Am I really? Umm, maybe... I don't have a steady web connection at the moment, but I'll try to start posting more often, includng my trials and tribulations on starting a project.


I'll post what story ideas I have, and include some conceptual sketches while I learn how to use Photoshop.


In the meantime, here's a couple of sketches to start us off:
This is Pal Joey, a gunslinger from my Terminal City storyline. He's an ex-pat Brit living in Terminus (called Terminal City by its inhabitants). He smokes, drinks, is tattooed and likes going around without a shirt most of the time (not sure why).

Terminal City is a crime noir story in the vein of Frank Miller's Sin City and Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto.




This group shot is of a group of people (durr) who are paranormal investigators. I haven`t fleshed out many details about them or their storyline, except one or a couple of them will be psychics of varying degrees, and the world they live in will be dark and foreboding, in the vein of H.P.Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos, possibly the same world, but in modern times.



Finally, this is Matthew Ketzer, a sorcerer in the modern day world. I'm still debating whether to make this story a dark fantasy with vampires, werewolves and the like, or to set it in a more fantasy-heavy setting in the modern day, a là Wizards of the Coasts' Urban Arcana RPG setting.


As you can see (maybe), Ketzer is tattooed with mystical symbols of protection, like the Egyptian ankh, the Hand of Fatima, and the pentagram with two crescents, which in my research I discovered is a Wiccan symbol of protection (the pentagram and two crescents representing the waxing and waning of the Moon. I never saw the symbol myself, so I designed this one, at the bottom right of the sketch).


Okay, that's all for now. Hopefully, it won't be another two years before I write again. Maybe just one year (just kidding... maybe).


Later, y'all!

No comments: