Thursday, November 15, 2007

Life is Killing Me

My last post was in August. I'll try to explain what happened in the past four months as briefly as possible.

Well, I worked. A lot. My mom left for vacation, when somewhere in Alberta, her spleen ruptured and she was rushed to the hospital in Edmonton.

She was released a couple of days later and brought home to Prince George. She looked so weak, so frail. I had never seen her like that before. I was scared. I knew what was coming.

Then the third week of August I worked six days in a row. August 21st, I was looking forward to my one day off before working a swing shift the next night. I was planning to go out, go to a movie, that sort of shit, when I came home, my aunt, who was staying with us at the time, told me my mom had been taken to the hospital. She was in the ER, waiting for a bed in the Hospice House. I was also told my brother was on his way.

So I stayed home all day, waiting for someone to come take me to the hospital. No one came.

I fell asleep in my big comfy chair, and was woken up around 11PM. It was my brother and his family. He had just come from the hospital. He was too late.

Our mother has died, a half hour before.

The next few weeks were a blur. I was barely alive, just going through the motions of my life.

Wow, this is depressing. Needless to say, I'm still here.

No new art. Maybe later.

No comments: